Resumption of club activities

  • Posted on: 29 June 2020
  • By: tam

We pleased to announce that we are back on the road/trails. Our club has

pulled together a thorough COVID Safety Plan and we are committed to a

thoughtful and safe return to programming. Members please be sure to sign

the CBC Covid declaration and also familiarize yourself with the club

guidelines. All scheduling is currently being done through TeamSnap.

Suspension of club activities

  • Posted on: 18 March 2020
  • By: tam

We are hitting PAUSE on all adult and DEVO club activities. BC has now declared a public health emergency. It is our social responsibility as a club to limit group activities. As we all know, the time is now to slow the curve of COVID-19 infection.

Cycling BC posted the following message on March 17:

Amid COVID-19 crisis management and daily updates from public health officials, Cycling BC is recommending that official programming, including group rides, be postponed until the health risks have subsided and restrictions to reduce the spread of the virus have been lifted.

On the advice of Cycling Canada, we have taken the official stance recommending that events on our calendar between now and April 30th be postponed or cancelled. We intend to make anotherdetermination on April 3rd related to events scheduled after May 1st.

We will continue to monitor the scenario. Unfortunately, this means that DEVO Mountain Bike programming and U15/U13 Road programs will NOT start up during the first week of April.

Spring Series on hiatus due to COVID-19

  • Posted on: 12 March 2020
  • By: rcousine

Due to the recent developments of COVID-19, Escape Velocity has decided that the Spring Series will go on hiatus until further notice. Health Officials are asking community event organizers to postpone large gatherings in an effort to flatten the curve of new infections. As a club, we feel that it is our social responsibility to comply with this request. 

Thanks for your understanding. We will continue to monitor the situation and as soon as gatherings are deemed safe again then we will restart the races. So keep on training everyone-we hope to see you back on the course as soon as possible.

Refunds for this weekend will be sent out in the near future.