Escape Velocity races (as well as several other race series in the Lower Mainland) utilize chip timing, allowing you to view accurate results and lap times. Please follow the guidelines below to ensure proper functioning of our timing system.
All Escape Velocity races require each rider to have a timing tag and race number (bib).
- Timing tags and race bibs must be purchased at a rider's first race.
- Bib numbers are permanently assigned for the 2016 season. All riders are expected to keep them between events.
- Timing chips can be re-used. If you have one from last year, you can continue to use it. If do not have one, you will be required to purchase a new one.
- If you forget your chip or your bib, you will be required to purchase a new one before you are allowed to race.
At this time bib and tag fees cannot be paid for during pre-registration. Bib and tag fees are due and payable at the Registration tent prior to your first race of the season.
This is the proper positioning for the timing tag. The tag contains a small RFID chip and a large antenna (the silver foil). If your tag does not look like this when mounted, it will not be read properly by our timing equipment and your results may be skewed or not registered at all.
- Tape your tag to your bike. Please use the zip-ties provided at Registration or a proper tag holder.
- Wrap your tag around your seatpost or your frame.
- Mount your tag vertically or allow it to sag.
- Cut, fold, crumple, or modify your tag in a way that damages the RFID chip or the foil antenna.
- Leave your tag attached to your bike on an exterior vehicle rack during the drive home. It will get ripped off by the wind at highway speeds.
Defective tags can be exchanged at the Registration table at any race.