Spring Series: March 4-5 races cancelled due to snow

  • Posted on: 3 March 2017
  • By: rcousine

This is not a repeat from last week. 

Or rather, horribly, it is.

Due to a forecast of snow for both Saturday and Sunday, we are cancelling the races this weekend (March 4 & 5). We expect to finally kick off the Spring Series with a Spring Classic, at the new Bradner Long course, on March 11.

Riders who were registered for races this weekend or last weekend, who have not made other arrangements, will get an automatic entry into the race on the same day of the week (Saturday registrants will be entered into next Saturday's race; Sunday registrants get the Sunday race). If that doesn't suit, you can ask us for a coupon code, or for a refund ($5 service charge for refunds).

We have only had to cancel races a few times in the last decade due to weather, but these are extraordinary times we live in. To recap, here's our weather policy for Spring Series:

-Racing is rain or shine.
-ice or snow cancels a race. If there is a forecast of snow or a reasonable prospect of ice, we will cancel the race.
-the call to cancel or go is normally made mid-day Friday, but in extraordinary circumstances we may end up cancelling or shortening a race at any time, even after it has started.

As usual, you can direct questions or comments through our contact page.