Spring Series 2017
The long-standing Spring Series returns to the Lower Mainland on February 25. The series will consist of 12 road races, including 4 Spring Classics. While many consider these “training” races for bigger events later on in the season, the Spring Series consistently offers some of the hardest fought competition all year, and the Classics will feature Master-friendly categories and some of our biggest, bestest courses. These races are run regardless of the weather, so dress accordingly and remember Rule #5. The one exception to the weather rule is snow. We do not race if there is snow on the road.
Where / when:
|Date||Course / Map||Parking|
|Feb. 25||Sat||Hougen North RR||Hougen Park|
|Feb. 26||Sun||Aldergrove Short RR||Aldergrove Regional Park|
|Mar. 04||Sat||River Road RR||Aldor Acres|
|Mar. 05||Sun||Murchie West RR||Wix Brown Elementary|
|Mar. 11*||Sat||Bradner Long RR||Bradner Elementary School|
|Mar. 12||Sun||Aldergrove East RR||Aldergrove Regional Park|
|Mar. 18*||Sat||Thunderbird Long RR||Thunderbird Show Park|
|Mar. 19||Sun||Wix Brown RR||Wix Brown Elementary|
|Mar. 25||Sat||Thunderbird RR||Thunderbird Show Park|
|Mar. 26*||Sun||Aldergrove Long RR||Aldergrove Regional Park|
|Apr. 01||Sat||Bradner RR||Bradner Elementary School|
|Apr. 02*||Sun||Atomic Long RR||Aldergrove Regional Park|
* Highlighted dates indicate Spring Classics races. Please see below for further details.
Race Day Schedule:
- Pre-registration closes at 11:59 PM the Thursday before a race.
- Registration and sign-on opens at 8:30 AM on race day.
- Registration and sign on closes 15 minutes before race time.
- Please leave extra time for registration and sign-on at your first race of the season or if you are completing day-of registration.
We suggest arriving one hour before your start time.
All first-time racers.
Must be purchased at first race and can be re-used for all Spring Series and WTNC races.
$5 timing tag
$5 race bib
(Pre-registered. Cut-off is 11:59pm PST the Thursday before the race)
$40 for Spring Series
$50 for Spring Classics
$50 for Spring Series
$60 for Spring Classics
Youth (U17, U15, U13)
$22 for Spring Series,
$25 for Spring Classics
In case of injury or illness, refunds for race entry fees may be considered at the discretion of the organizer, but only if the request is received before midnight the day before the race.
The Spring Series race payment system has an administrative fee of $5 per refund which will be passed onto the rider; the refund will be the value of your original race entry fee, less $5.
Alternatively you may request that your race entry fee will be deferred to another Spring Series race for this year and you will be issued a Race Entry Coupon at no charge.
Please contact us with your request by midnight the day before the race.
All races are sanctioned by CyclingBC and are governed by the UCI’s regulations regarding road races.
Participants will be allowed to use disc-brake equipped bicycles at all EV races.
For EV-specific race rules, please refer to the EV Race Bible (PDF).
Spring Classics Races:
For the 2017 season, we are excited to hold select races as Classics. These events will feature:
- A separate Master A/B field
- Our longest, toughest courses
- Lead and follow motorcycles
- Enhanced vehicle support
- Awesome swag, courtesy of our awesome sponsors
Licensing / Race Groups:
All racers must hold a valid UCI, CyclingBC Provincial, USAC, or USCF license.
- Single-day licenses can be purchased at Registration for $10.
- Adults participants must race in the category indicated on their CyclingBC license.
- Youth race either in their age category OR optionally according to the ability category on their UCI license.
- Participants with a 1-day or a Provincial (formerly called Citizens) license must race in the D Group.
- Riders seeking category upgrades must submit a formal request to CyclingBC and follow the UCI Category Upgrade procedure.
Race start times and duration for each category:
|Spring Series||Spring Classics|
Prizes and Podiums:
|A - Open||$40||$30||$25||$20||$15|
|B - Women||$40||$30||$25||$20||$15|
- Cash Prizes for Elite Men & Women only; all other fields receive medals. Prizes will be awarded to a maximum of five deep or half of the starters in the field.
- Podium ceremonies and prize distribution will be held 30 minutes after each race at the race trailer unless otherwise noted.
- Failure to attend podium ceremony will result in forfeiture of any prizes.