Young Women's Cycling Camps
Escape Velocity Cycling Club and dEVo are proud to present our four-week Young Women's Cycling Camp. This program is designed to help young women make the transition from bicycle enthusiast to skilled cyclist. Participants will learn about all the major road disciplines, including Track, and Road cycling skills. They will also learn the principles of cycling in a group and cycling-specific cross training. Past program participants include:
- Jasmin Glaesser - Multiple Time World Championship medalist and Olympic bronze medalist -"Whether you are looking to pick up a new hobby, get into shape, or pursue your athletic potential, this program will help you get started! There are amazing opportunities for female cyclists, you just have to jump on a bike and get rolling!"
- Jenny Lehmann - 2012 BC Road Race Champion; 2011 Whistler GranFondo Winner
- Morgan Cabot - Winner - 2015 BC Time Trial Championships, 2012 Tour de Delta road race; 2012 Race the Ridge stage race
- Tessa Pinckston - Canada Games Medallist. Junior National Championships Medallist. Junior National Team member
All program participants will receive:
- Certification to ride the Burnaby Velodrome
- Cycling BC Citizen Licence for club races
- Personalized instruction from certified coaches
- World Tuesday Night Championships race series pass
Where / when:
July 17, 2017 - August 9, 2017.
Monday and Wednesday evenings 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Women aged 16-25, and older race-curious women are encouraged to inquire!
A 4-week program, running twice - weekly with 2 to 3 hour sessions. Aimed at providing an introduction to organized cycling and skills acquisition, focusing on young women.
Goals of the program:
- Introduce young women to the sport of cycling
- Provide overview of basic sport concepts
- Introduction to training and basic skill acquisition required for participation in the sport
- Provide an avenue for intro to racing through joining a local club
Facilities-based, including a mixture of:
- Velodrome sessions
- Group-riding skills
- Nutrition for cycling
$100 program fee.
Also requires a CyclingBC Provincial Ride license ($60).
Other Program Details:
Guest appearances by local female elite athletes. For more information about this program please contact Lisa Howard at young.women.cyclists@gmail.